This lighthouse birdhouse is a spot-on replica of the famous Montauk Point Light located at the easternmost point of Long Island, New York. Construction of the lighthouse was authorized by none other than President George Washington and bears the distinction of being the first public works project of the United States. The (in)famous pirate Captain Kidd is said to have buried treasure at the foot of the lighthouse, but it&lsquos yet to be found...... This red and white lighthouse is a fully functional birdhouse featuring two nest boxes with 1.25&ldquo openings (one in the lighthouse itself and one in the keeper&lsquos cottage), a removable back for yearly cleaning, drainage, ventilation and unpainted interiors. The entire structure is built upon a river stone foundation and a custom-fit mounting plate makes installation a snap!
- Item Dimensions: 19.5&ldquo H X 8&ldquo W X 15&ldquo D
- Decorative and fully functional
- Designed for outdoor use and satisfy requirements of the most stringent birding enthusiasts
- Removable back walls for easy cleaning
- Real shingled roofs
- Unpainted interiors
- 1.25&ldquo” hole openings designed to accommodate common cavity dwellers such as Wrens, Finches, Chickadees, Nuthatches and Titmice
- Exterior grade ply-board for the walls, floor and underlying roof board
- Kiln-dried hardwoods, pine and poly-resin for the details
- Western Red Cedar or Pine shingles for the roof
- Outdoor, water-based, non-toxic paint
Shipping: Always Free
Handling Time/Ships in: 2-7 business days
Ships via: Fedex/Ups
*Note: Free shipping is for the 48 contiguous states, APO/FPO/PO addresses excluded. For shipments to Alaska and Hawai, please contact us.
Note: Photos are required for damage claim submission. Photos of the damage and of any noticeable damage to the inner/outer packaging or cartons are REQUIRED in order for claims to be processed.
For more information please click here.